27 December 2020

Altenew - Beautiful Details


I had a lot of fun completing the 'Beautiful Details' class with Altenew as part of my Level 2 AECP Certification. When it came time to choosing my project, I decided on the monochromatic colouring techniques discussed in Lesson 5, taught by Marika Rahtu. 

My first choice would usually be to use a floral image for monochromatic colouring but this time I went with something a little more graphic, and I was wanting to use my new 'Friends Forever' stamp set that I recently purchased. 

I chose a grey cardstock for my base this time for something different, and coloured the image with my French Grey Prismacolor Pencils. Once I finished colouring the image, I decided to cut it out and pop it up  a little on the same grey cardstock panel (die cut with a stitched border) and added a little shading underneath the image using a black pastel pencil.

I stamped the sentiment from the Leaf Canopy stamp set directly onto the card front and splattered the panel with white gouache and added a few clear sequins. I then mounted it onto a white top folding card base with foam tape for dimension and my card was done. 

I really like how this card came out and look forward to doing some more monochromatic colouring soon! 

Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoyed my project. 


Supplies:

Friends Forever Stamp set
Leaf Canopy Stamp Set
Permanent Black Ink 
Prismacolor Pencils
White Gouache


1 comment:

Erum Tasneem said...

This is absolutely brilliant!! I love the look of this card!
Thank you for submitting your work to the AECP assignment gallery.