02 August 2009
To celebrate I took her out to lunch with some friends and then had a cake (chocolate mudcake from the cheesecake shop - yum!). Unfortunately Daddy is out of town but us girls made the most of it and had a wonderful time. She was really pleased with her presents which included an iPod, a docking station, a book, hairdryer, handbag, Pandora bracelet (from her grandmother), journal, pen, and some other cool stationery from Smiggle - her favourite stationery shop.
Here are a few pics that we took today. Happy Birthday baby! I love you xxx
All cards entered were given a number and everyone that was there voted on their favorites, the one with the most votes winning (obviously).
So just to top off an already great day ... one of my cards won the sketch challenge! I got a gorgeous prize of a Simply Sent set by Stampin' Up and some beautiful ribbons. So thanks again to the sponsors who provided such great prizes!
This was the winning card! Supplies: Scallop border punch and cardstock in choc chip, baja breeze and certainly celery by Stampin' Up! Stamp set by My Favourite Things, Paper by Scrap Works. Coloured with Prismacolour and just some stitching added. This was the other card I made (which was also Madison's birthday card). Supplies:Cardstock in tempting turqoise and whisper white by SU!, pink embossed paper by by Bazzill I think. Patterned paper by My Minds Eye. Border Punch by Martha Steward. Cupcake stamp by Stampin' Up! greeting by Taylored Expressions. Hodgepodge hardware also by SU!. Coloured with PRisma, SU! glitter added to cupcakes and some stitching.
Thankyou to Makeesha and all of the wonderful ladies who helped to put this day together! The food was great and the projects and games were really fun. And thank you to Nikki, Shirley, Kerrie, Sue and Jenny (hope I got all those names right!) for letting me share their table!
1. Makeesha and I
2. Our table ... see how productive they are all being!
3. Flower Pot card. The flowers pull out to reveal the message inside.
4. Tri-fold Christmas card using some just released papers (Ski Slope Designer Series Paper)from the new Mini Catalogue and the 'Tree Trimmings' stamp set. Also in the mini.
5. A gorgeous little box which had an adorable matching thong handmade soap. Papers are from the new 'walk in the park designer series paper'. The stamp is from the 'Just Beachy' stamp set.
6. Criss Cross card using the 'Great Friend' stamp set and the 'walk in the park' paper again.
7. These cute little triangles actually go over the corner of book pages. We made a male and female version. Sorry but I don't know the name of the stamp set used for these.
8. We decorated a bag with the gorgeous new Parisian Breeze Specialty DS Paper. I just adore this textured paper! It is so pretty. Lucky for me I have some on order now :)
9. A mini baby brag type accordian album we made using the Walk in the Park papers and the 'Forest Friends' stamp set.
10. A cute little pop up type card (not sure of the correct name for this template!) using the 'Just Beachy' stamp set and coloured using the aqua pen.