09 September 2019

I'm back ... and with some exciting news to share!

Hello!  It's been a long time since I updated my blog and so I have decided to delete my years old posts and start fresh .. and with good reason. 


I was recently lucky enough to be accepted into the Altenew Educator Certification Program (or AECP for short). As part of the program I will be completing the classes that are available over at the Altenew Academy and sharing them here on my blog.

These classes are available to anyone, and if you haven't checked them out already I would highly recommend them. There are so many different classes to choose from and there are always new tips & tricks to learn.

The first class I completed was All About Layering 1 which was led by Nicole Picadura and focuses on using the many varied fabulous layering stamps from Altenew. I usually like to colour my images, but this class has really inspired me to go back and play with the layering stamps in all of my Altenew sets. Nicole gives great tips on alignment and using the stamps to their best advantage.

I chose to use the Beautiful Heart Stamps & Dies as I felt they were a great starting point given that there are only a few layers, but the large bloom certainly makes a statement on the card!



Using Neenah Solar White cardstock I started by stamping the outline of the flower in Cosmic Berry, before stamping the first layer in Purple Wine and finishing the final layer with Cosmic Berry again.
I then stamped the outline of the leaves in Moss, followed by the first layer in Olive, and finishing the final layer in Moss also. I then used the coordinating dies to cut out the images.

For the background I used another piece of Neenah Solar White cardstock and splattered some Purple Wine and Puffy Heart ink, as well as a few splatters of black ink.  I then added a thin frame which was cut from the Fine Frames Cover Die from black cardstock and attached to the front of the white panel before using foam tape to adhere the flowers. This was all placed onto a black A2 sized card base.

To complete the card I stamped the sentiment from the Heartfelt Sentiment set in Versarmark ink onto black card and embossed with white embossing powder. I also used foam tape to add this to the front of the card and finished the project with some sparkling clear confetti sequins.

Thanks for visiting, and I hope you liked my project!

1 comment:

Erum Tasneem said...

What a stunning creation! LOVE the simplicity of the design and those splatters look gorgeous.
Thank you or entering your gorgeous work to the AECP assignment gallery.