09 September 2019

Altenew - Easy Ink Blending Techniques

I recently completed the Easy Ink Blending Techniques class from Altenew as part of the AECP course. But you don't have to be participating in the Educator program to do these classes, and I would definitely recommend them!

This class was run by Amy Lee, and over 6 different tutorials she shares great tips & techniques for adding ink blending to your projects. And another great thing about these classes is that once you purchase them, you can complete them at your own pace and go back to them whenever you want to. 

I chose to use the emboss resist technique which was part of lesson 4 and made two cards; a more masculine card as well as a more girly version :) 

The technique for both was the same, with the differences being the stamp sets and the ink colours used. 

For my first card I began by stamping my images from the Flower Vine stamp set onto a piece of Bristol Smooth cardstock (I find I get the best results using this for ink blending) in Versamark ink and then heat embossed using white embossing powder. 

Then using an ink blending tool I blended the Puffy Heart ink all over my stamped panel and finished off by adding some purple wine ink around the edges. I adhered this to a white card base of Neenah using some foam adhesive. I then stamped the sentiment from the Sentiment Strip Stamp Set onto two strips of black card using Versamark ink and heat setting with white embossing powder. To complete the card I added some sparkling clear confetti sequins. 



For my second card I used the Basic Borders stamp set, which I kept in tact and stamped as one whole sheet. This is a great way to create a background using individual stamps! As above, I stamped in Versamark and heat set with white embossing powder. This time I inked the panel using all four colours in the Sweet Dreams mini ink cube set starting with the darkest at the bottom and getting lighter as I got to the top. I then adhered the panel to a card base of Neenah. Next I stamped the sentiments from the Sentiment Strip stamp set onto black cardstock and embossed with white embossing powder. I attached the strip using some foam tape and that completed the card. 



I hope you liked my cards, and are encouraged to try some emboss resist stamping yourself. 
It is so fun!

1 comment:

Erum Tasneem said...

I love how you created a feminine and masculine card and even though they follow the same technique, they look completely different. Love the look of both the cards. Your choice of colours and the flawless ink blending looks amazing.
Thank you for entering your beautiful work to the AECP assignment gallery.