30 March 2020

Altenew - Irresistible Inking Techniques


The one positive thing to come out of all of the craziness going on in the world right now, is that I am able to spend a little more time in the craft room! Unlike many people (my hubby included) who have lost work, I am still able to go to work although I am doing less hours at the moment.   So I am hoping this will allow me to play a little catch up on my Altenew Educator Program classes. I am so close to completing Level 1, only a few classes to go!

Today I was inspired by the Irresistible Inking Technique class with Sarah Naumann, in particular lesson two which was all about using your ink pads for watercoloring.

I chose the gorgeous Bloom & Grow stamp set, which was a collaboration between Altenew and Hero Arts as I felt it was a real statement image and would be perfect for this technique. I stamped the large flower from the set onto a 4"x5.25" piece of watercolour card in Versamark ink and then embossed it with white embossing powder. I then chose the gorgeous new ink colour 'Nimbus' to watercolour with. I love that this grey/blue colour also has a little bit of a pink tone when used with water.

Once I had coloured the whole image I set the panel aside to dry and created my sentiment. I used the Hello & Hugs Stamp and coordinating die set for the sentiment. So that the sentiment would match the image, I die cut the shadow of the word hugs from the same watercolour card and then used the direct to paper technique with the Nimbus ink pad, before layering it on another two white die cut pieces for dimension. I then layered the hugs word on top in white card. For the rest of the sentiment, I again applied ink directly to a strip of card, and then white embossed the remaining of the sentiment before attaching both to the card.

I applied the panel with foam tape to a white 4.25"x5.5" card base, which I also inked with the Nimbus ink to bring the whole card together and finished it off with some clear sequins.

I was really happy with how this card turned out and think it would be great for many occasions!


Supplies:


2 comments:

Erum Tasneem said...

What a beauty! Love the gorgeous colour and colouring!
Thank you for entering your beautiful work to the AECP assignment gallery. Top job!

Helen said...

Stunning, Jodene! Wonderful colouring! Enjoy finishing your projects! Stay safe! :)