02 March 2020

Altenew - All About Layering 2




Once again life has got in the way, and I have not had as much time to craft over the last few months as I had hoped! With Christmas, holidays and one of my girls flying the nest, it's been pretty crazy around here! But I am finally back into completing my Altenew Academy classes for the AECP.  Now that there is one less person around here, I should find it easier to make time for crafting .. right? Please tell me I'm right! lol

Since I work in a craft store and we stock Altenew Products, I am lucky enough to be hosting two Altenew workshops this coming week using the Playful Plumeria stamps & dies. And as I had these stamps out and was prepping for my class, I figured it was a great opportunity to use this gorgeous set to create some other cards at the same time. And I thought that these layering stamps would be perfect for the All About Layering 2 class! I found this class really built on what was taught in the first layering class, and the tips and tricks shared by all of the teachers really helped me when creating my card. I recommend using a stamp positioner (such as a Misti or similar) when using the layering stamps as it makes the process so much easier!

I really wanted to use these beautiful flowers to create a feature panel so I began by cutting a piece of Neenah Solar White 80lb cardstock to 3 7/8"x 5 1/8" and stamped the first layer of the flower randomly over the panel in Rose Quartz Ink. I then also stamped the second layer of the flower in Rose Quartz ink, this time stamping it twice so it would be darker. I then stamped the next layer in Citrus Burst ink and the final layer in Sunkissed ink.

Once the main panel was completed, I stamped the 'hello' stamp from the Halftone Hello stamp set in Jet Black ink and cut it out with the coordinating die. I cut the die an extra 3 times in white card so I could layer the sentiment for more dimension. I then stamped the 'birthday girl' from the same set onto black cardstock using Versamark ink and embossed it with Altenew Crisp White embossing powder which I then cut into a strip and attached double sided foam adhesive to attach to the front of the card.

I attached the main panel to some black cardstock using double sided foam tape and then adhered them both to the front of a top folding 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" white card base.  To complete the card I added some clear sparkling sequins and some clear shimmer pen on the flowers.


I hope you enjoyed my card today!  I had so much fun creating with these products and am looking forward to doing my next class. 


SUPPLIES


BONUS CARD

While I had the stamps and dies out, I made this extra card and wanted to share it as well, since I used the layering techniques I learned in the course when creating this card.


Please note that Australian blog readers can also purchase Altenew products locally either 
online or in store (in Perth) at The Scrapbook Store.

2 comments:

Lorraine Mcneil said...

Look at you go. These are just gorgeous, Jodene. I really should do some of your card classes!!! Just beautiful xx

Erum Tasneem said...

Both the cards you have made are gorgeous! Love the colours on the first one and the layout on the second one is quite refined. Way to go!
Thank you for entering your wonderful work to the AECP assignment gallery.