30 June 2021

Altenew - Masking Unleashed

I can't believe this is my final class for Level 2 of the Altenew Educator Certification Program! Once this has been evaluated I will be given my final challenge for Level 2, and I am excited to see what that will be. 

Today's card was created using the techniques I learned after completing the 'Masking Unleashed' Altenew Academy class with Svitlana Shayevich. I have used the basic masking techniques that Svitlana shared with us to create my project.  And I have used these techniques to do both the masking of the individual images as well as masking both images to colour the background. So stay tuned to see how I created this card! 

I started  by creating masks for both of my images on masking paper. I stamped the masks and then cut them with my scissors. When cutting masks you want to cut a little inside the line so that there are no 'gaps' left when stamping your images over each other using the masks. 

Once I had created the masks using the Succulents stamp set, I decided which order I wanted to stamp the images in, and since I knew I wanted the smaller pot plant at the front I stamped that one first.  I then covered it with the paper mask, and stamped the second image. This was done on a piece of white Copic friendly card cut to 4"x5.25".

I then added the mask over the larger plant as well so that I could ink blend the background. I knew I wanted a two-tone background so I placed a strip of masking paper where I wanted the colours divided and inked up my background. 


Once that was done, I could remove all of the masks and get on with colouring my images with Copic Markers. The photo above is what it looked like at that point. 

I then coloured my images with Copic Markers and added a sentiment from the 'Fancy Greetings' stamp set directly to the stamped background. I then mounted the completed panel onto a top folding A2 kraft card base using instant dimension foam tape, before adding some clear sequins to complete the card. 

Masking can be time consuming, but I love the seemless look that you get. And I love how it looks like one stamped image. 

Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoyed my project today :) 


  

Supplies:



1 comment:

Erum Tasneem said...

This is super fantastic!!! Love the flawless masking! Thank you for submitting your work to the AECP assignment gallery.