26 September 2021

Altenew - Quick and simple cards for everyday crafting

I have just completed Quick & Simple Cards for Everyday Crafting with Laurie Willison with Altenew Academy, and I really loved this course! Sometimes, when you don't have a lot of time to craft the ideas shared in this class will come in handy for putting together beautiful (but quick!) cards.

I have made my card today using the concepts taught by Laurie in lesson 2 - Creating a quick and simple card with a background focus. Altenew has so many great background stencils, that it was hard to choose, but in the end I decided on the Geometric Landscape stencil. 

I started by placing the stencil on a piece of A2 card and ink blending using Altenew Inks (in Emerald, Lagood, Volcano Lake and Mountain Mist).  I then trimmed the panel down half an inch off each side and placed some Altenew double sided foam tape to the back before attaching it to an A2 top folded white card base. 

I then stamped the large floral image from the Hello Beautiful kit in permanent black ink onto white card and cut it out using the coordinating die. I then stamped the sentiment from the Heartfelt Sentiment stamp set in clear embossing ink onto black card and heat set it with white embossing powder. I then used double sided foam tape to attach the flowers and sentiment strip to the front panel and finished the card off with some black enamel dots. 

Thanks for visiting my blog and have a great day! 


Supplies:



1 comment:

Erum Tasneem said...

Jodene, this is gorgeous!! I love the plain outline stamped image against the stenciled background. Well done!
Thank you to submitting your wonderful work to the AECP assignment gallery.