27 December 2020

Altenew - Beyond Basic Backgrounds


Here is my latest card for the Level 2 AECP Certification. This one was for the great class by Llydia Evans called 'Beyond Basic Backgrounds'. I chose to use the example taught in Lesson 6 - Inlaid Die Cutting. 

My first instinct was to use white cardstock as my base with a black outline, but I thought I would mix it up and do my die-cutting into black for a more dramatic look and I love how it came out! 

I chose the 'Wavy Outlines' Die as it was relatively new to me and I had not had the chance to use it yet and this project was perfect!

I die cut the flower from the black panel first and then placed a piece of adhesive paper on the back so that I could use that to keep my inlaid pieces in place. 

I then cut the flower from white, green and coral coloured card.  I laid the white outline in first, and then the flowers and leaves. Before placing the flowers and leaves in place, I inked around the edges of the coral card pieces with Ruby Red ink and the green card pieces with Fresh Leaf ink to add some shading, and then put the pieces in place. Just like doing a jigsaw puzzle! 

Once they were in place, I used a coordinating green mat, and then mounted them both onto a white card base. I stamped the sentiment from 'Sentiment Strips 2' in Permanent Black ink onto white card, cut it into a strip and mounted it on the card front with foam tape for dimension. 

I then placed a few enamel dots from the Tropical Forest collection to finish the card off. 

I love the dramatic look of this card and I hope you do too! 



Supplies:

Wavy Outlines Die
Sentiment Strips 2 stamps set
Altenew Inks: Fresh Leaf and Ruby Red
Enamel Dots in Tropical Forest
Altenew Permanet Black Ink



1 comment:

Erum Tasneem said...

Absolutely fantabulous! Very neatly done!
Thank you for submitting your beautiful work to the AECP assignment gallery.