16 September 2019

Altenew - Clean & Simple Boutique Cards


Over the weekend I completed the Altenew Academy class 'Clean & Simple Boutique Cards' as part of my AECP and created two different cards using the techniques taught by Jennifer Rzasa.  For my projects I was inspired by the class about creating stamped backgrounds, as it is another great way to use your stamps.

I created two cards today, however they are very similar just varying in colour and small style differences. I used the Leaf Canopy stamp set to create both of them.



For my first card I stamped the outline images from the Leaf Canopy stamp set in an alcohol marker friendly black ink randomly over the background. I then used the Altenew artist marker in G804 (Bamboo) to draw a line just inside the leaves and used the blender marker to soften the line. When they were all done I added some dot details with a fine Copic liner. I then attached the panel to a black A2 card base.

I stamped the sentiment from the Heartfelt Sentiments stamp set in versamark onto a strip of black card and then embossed it with Pure White embossing powder. I then attached the strip to the front of the card using foam tape to add dimension.  To complete the card I added some enamel dots from the Green Field set.

My second card was created in a very similar way. I stamped the outline image from the Leaf Canopy set in black onto white card, and then also stamped the shadow images from the same set using Silver Lake ink. I then added black dot details as before but also added some white dots to the Silver Lake leaves using a white gel pen.



I attached the completed panel to a coordinating grey card base and stamped the sentiment in Jet Black ink onto a strip of the same grey card and used foam tape to adhere it to the front. I then completed the card using the same enamel dots as before. I think the subtle look of this card would also be good for a sympathy or thinking of you card.

SUPPLIES: 


2 comments:

Sandie C said...

Love both of these cards.Thanks for sharing the different ways to use this lovely Altnew stamp set

Erum Tasneem said...

Loving the look of these cards! The subtle addition of the marker detail really pops. I also really like the dot details! The variation of the second card rocks too! The additional stamping of fuller, shadow images really sets the card apart. Though the cards are so similar yet quite different. Really like your approach Jodene! Well done!
Thank you for entering your work to the AECP assignment gallery.