10 November 2019

Altenew -Easy Die Cutting Techniques


Life has been crazy busy, and it has been over a month since I have had a chance to do any of Altenew Academy classes for the AECP.  But I finally found some time last weekend, and chose to do the Easy Die Cutting Techniques Class which was taught by the very talented Yana Smakula.

I recently purchased the new Precious Peony stamps and coordinating dies and I just LOVE this set! And of course I am one of those people that can't buy a stamp set without the dies, so I thought it would be the perfect set to use for the 'Stamps & Matching Dies' lesson, which was the first in this class.

Normally I would choose Copics for an image like this, but I really wanted to play with my new Altenew Brush Watercolour Markers and the colours were so beautiful and vibrant! I can't wait to play with them a little more!

I started by stamping the images onto Paper Fashion Hot Press Watercolour paper in Versamark Ink and then heat set with white embossing powder. When that was done I used the watercolour markers to colour the image. I chose the Purple Wine colour for the flowers, and used three colours for the leaves; Lime, Sweet Leaf & Emerald. I then set the images aside to dry completely while preparing the rest of my card.

I dripped some ink from the Sea Breeze marker onto my surface, spritzed it with some water and then used a second piece of watercolour card to pick up the 'smooched' watercolour, creating a fun background for my focal images.

I then die cut my flowers and leaves, and used double sided foam tape to adhere them to my background panel. I then used more foam tape to attach the completed panel to my card base of Neenah cardstock. I stamped the sentiment from the 'Heartfelt Sentiments' stamp set in Versamark ink onto a strip of black card and heat set with white embossing powder before attaching it to the front of my card.  Some clear sparkling confetti sequins completed the card and added some sparkle.


I hope you enjoyed my card today. I had a lot of fun creating it and can't wait to do my next class and look forward to sharing it with you. 

SUPPLIES

Please note that Australian blog readers can also purchase Altenew products locally either 
online or in store (in Perth) at The Scrapbook Store.


2 comments:

Lorraine Mcneil said...

Jodene, This is just stunning. Im so happy to see that you've used your altenew markers. Mine are still in the packet and never been opened, so you've just inspired me to get them out. Beautiful card, I love it. Your colouring is always outstanding x

Erum Tasneem said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Lovely colours.
Thank you for entering your beautiful work to the AECP assignment gallery.