16 September 2019

Altenew - For The Guys


One of the recent classes I completed through the Altenew Academy was titled 'For The Guys'. I found this class so helpful, as masculine cards are something I don't often have to make and I do struggle with them. The class was run by Jennifer Rzasa and I used her tips on adding geometric shapes for my project.

As I don't have any geometric shaped stamps in my stash, I decided to use the Altenew Cube Builder stencil. I cut a piece of Neenah 110lb cardstock to a 6"x6" square and used the Altenew Sweet Dreams mini ink cube set to ink up the stencil. I started with Galactric Stream, then used Aqualicious followed by Dew Drops. I love how this background turned out!

I then cut the completed panel down to 4.75"x4.75" and mounted it onto a 5" square card base. I then die cut the 'hb' from the Bold Alpha die set from Neenah cardstock and used foam tape to attach it to the stamped piece. I inked up a small strip of Neenah with Teal Cave ink and when it was dry I stamped the Happy Birthday from the Birthday Builder stamp set in versamark and heat embossed with pure white crisp embossing powder.


SUPPLIES:

Please note that Australian blog readers can purchase Altenew products locally either 
online or in store (in Perth) at The Scrapbook Store.



1 comment:

Erum Tasneem said...

This looks so good! The colours look great, and the simplicity of the design makes the card pop. I also love the use of stark white, it really balances the card.
Thank you for entering your work to the AECP assignment gallery. Well done!